Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: lets introduce and reintroduce

  1. #31
    Inactive Member MissMello's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi. *shy wave*
    This is my first post, so I guess that qualifies me as a newbie. Also, I think I am officially the youngest person here (15, 10/14/88).

    My favorite manga include Yami no Matsuei (ichiban daisuki da!), anything by Kaori Yuki, Petshop of Horrors, and (okay, I'll admit I like shoujo) Shoujo Kakumei Utena. I like both shounen-ai and shoujo-ai, as well as yaoi (yes, I read yaoi even though I'm 15. Shh, don't tell!).

    I'm currently working on starting a J-rock lyric translation site. With the help of my handy dictionary, I know enough Japanese to translate lyrics, provided I have the original kanji. I don't think I could do manga, but I would love to...I'll look into it after I learn more Japanese. I'm also learning Spanish, Latin, and next year, German. I'm one of those YAYIHEARTLANGUAGE types, y'know.

    Oh, and I adore J-rock and J-pop, mostly Gackt (and I think he could be both), hide, and Shazna. I am also a band geek; I play mellophone (hence the moniker). So, uh, that's about it for me, and I'm really looking forward to chatting with y'all whenever <s>I'm bored to the point of suicidal thoughts</s> I feel like some good conversation!

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hm.... boys next door is probably the manga that had the most emotional impact on me. I dunno... it was just so angsty .... ah...so good.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member co0kies's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MissMello:
    Hi. *shy wave*
    This is my first post, so I guess that qualifies me as a newbie. Also, I think I am officially the youngest person here (15, 10/14/88).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I now officially take that title away from you! I'm younger ^^ (1/29/89) But I'm also a huge fan of Yami no Matsuei XD

    Other than that, I'm not the yaoi/yuri type... just shounen-ai [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 25, 2004 07:11 PM: Message edited by: co0kies ]</font>

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Shia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    @ saphiremirth: waiiiiiii ^^ another one from austria [img]smile.gif[/img] the german speaking people are slowly taking over this board!! (we're already up to... *thinks* 4!!... and 1/2, if I recall it correctly, tsukiyama could also speak a few words in german *g*)

    on a different topic: I just recently discovered, that I'm into video games too, started with FFX and totally adored it... but then I bought FFX2 and went like what the....? there are little pink notes and yellow stars on the screen and she's... dancing... it looks like some kind of barbie land. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    anyone else who played FFX2 mind to give me his or her opinion on wether it's worth playing past the first hour?

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 27, 2004 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Shia ]</font>

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Mikochan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi! Miko-chan here ^^;;; I guess you could say that I've actually been around for some time, just haven't visited the mb for quite a long time ^^;;;
    Anyway I'm 18 now, I live in Southeast Asia, I love reading, writing and drawing [img]smile.gif[/img] I have an account at devart too ^^ [and it was the people here that encouaged me to get one XD]

    http://mikoelesil.deviantart.com

    Manga that I like are: Houshin Engi [the manga only], Yakitate!! Japan, +Anima, Naturo, Kenshin, practically anything funny or bloody and a mixture of assorted odds and ends [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Anyways, it's good to be back ^_^

    And yeah, the mahou shoujo stuff in FFX2 kinda freaked me out a little--but I loved the FMVs. Well, if you don't take FFX2 seriously then I guess it's worth a try--it seems more like a joke than a sequel...but the music's nice [img]biggrin.gif[/img] yeah the music's nice :3

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 27, 2004 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Miko-chan ]</font>

  6. #36
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    welcome youngins....so the youngest we go is 15? well i started out in the year 02 sooo i was 15 to...but yaio didnt start for me till like 15 3/4.

    anywho...about ffx2. yah i loved ffx so when i heard there was a sequal i was like YES...maybe that means tidus is alive. started playing. played 15 hrs straight cuz the game is soooo easy. then at the last chapter with only like 30% completed i realized how incredibly weak i was and stopped playin. havent played since december....

    but i liked it. i was a little freaked out about the way he resembled "charlies angels" so much, but the movies are good. and i like the fighting style. more active than the time ones where u have to power up.

    right now im playing chrono cross...finally got to disc2!! after this ill go back to ffx2.

    oh and anyones whos beaten it...how many endings are there. ive heard 4, 3...who knows?

  7. #37
    Inactive Member heartberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2003
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I liked the game FFX2, but the problem that I see with it, is that I had to buy my brother the official stategy book, just for him to get the "perfect ending". Yeah, like in the game, if you don't say yes to a person about something, or give a sphere to the right group or not, you can't get a 100% ending, which is needed to see the 'perfect ending'. I mean you can lose .02% and not do perfectly, which is what happened to us, and we don't know where we lost that percentage. Why don't they show those percentages anyway? Otherwise you can't tell you didn't get them until too late. Anyway, enough with my complaining, because other than that, I think it is a good game.
    Oh and by the way, there are three endings: 1. the common ending, the one you always see when you beat the game, and my brother says really sucks, but I didn't see it, 2.the 'good' ending, which you get by doing this whole whistling thing, and 3. which is the 'perfect' ending, and I really want to see. Yeah, so if you get even the good ending I think you do get to see Tidus again.
    Yeah, I was visiting my family for the march break and I got my brother that book, and we tried to beat the game in four days (if you try to get a 100% the game can be really long). Well I had to leave early, so after two straight days of playing we finally got 50% done,oh well. I guess I have to wait until easter to see what happens.
    Oh geez, wrote to much well, that's how I get when I start talking about things

  8. #38
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Uhm... hi!... I'm Miyun, i'm from Singapore.. but i lived in Korea and now i'm living in England.. i came across here when i was looking for Yami no Matsuei scanlations... which was ages ago-- and cos of this site, i started buying all of them...

    ^^;; this is my first post ^^;;

    Originally posted by jadey:
    welcome youngins....so the youngest we go is 15? well i started out in the year 02 sooo i was 15 to...but yaio didnt start for me till like 15 3/4.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i'm younger than 15... i'm 14 now.. <<;; but i'll be 15 in a few months..


    *stares* yaoi? *coughs* uhmmm... no... no.. not at all.. <<;; *sweatdrops* okay... ^^; you got me. i'm a bit too young though?

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Leti's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello! I'm new here.

    I'm 18 years old. I like different kinds of manga, but lately I've been reading a lot of shounen-ai and yaoi.

    Um, I don't know what else to say about myself... [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Luithet's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Buna ziua!


    Luithet, the neurotic hypochondriac here! I'm originally from Romania, but I now live in America. What a change. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]


    I've a strong love for Jrock, manga, and Lolita/h.NAOTO Japanese clothing. And yes, all those pretty little Jrockers and male models, too. ^^

    I've been reading from Sakura-Crisis for quite a while, but I've never thought of joining the boards until now. Big fan of Angel Sanctuary and Boys Next Door, but then again, who isn't? Yaoi and shounen ai own me. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    I'm usually broke, as all my money goes to buying manga and jrock. Just like a crack addict. XD

    Feel free to take a gander of the plasticfish if you want. Lots of chaos there.

    And er...I guess that's it. ^^v

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •